Colour is EVERYTHING!!!
If you want to make the smallest change with the biggest impact (AND look younger AND save money) then this makeover service is for you!
What Is A Colour Consultant?
I use the 4×4 Seasonal Colour Wheel but I modernise it by fusing that 1980’s science with my real life fashion industry experience, delivering a bespoke, flattering palette you can actually shop in to
UNDERTONE : As your personal colour consultant, it’s not about telling you that pink or green ‘is your colour’ but more about teaching you the TYPE of pinks and greens that flatter your undertone, whether you’re cool, warm or undertone neutral
COLOUR LEVEL : This is assessing the contrast between your features and providing the right level of colour for your strong or soft look
See some colour before & after examples, including how a tweak in hair colour has an incredible impact on your face!!
” Now I understand why some things looked terrible on me!?! This handy little colour wallet is coming with me EVERYWHERE from now on. Thank you Kim, that was fascinating!! ”
– Elise Granger
Benefits Of Understanding Your Best Colours
Once you learn where you sit on the colour wheel and see the difference, dressing becomes easy and enjoyable because:
- Fine lines are reduced, skin glows looking younger and fresher
- Enhancing your hair tone to flatter your features
- The more you shop in to your colours, the more your wardrobe will mix & match = even more new outfits from less clothes!
- Takes the stress out of co-ordinating your clothes & accessories because all hues share a common denominator
- Removes indecision when shopping, read about the benefits of a PERSONAL SHOPPER
- Allows you to push your style but in a ‘safe way’ knowing the shades suit you
- Combining new unexpected shades becomes easy and can make you look slimmer
- It empowers you to make better choices when buying investment pieces
- Creates style impact & generates your personal brand
- Saves you money!
- These are the only colours you will ever need to wear as they’re relevant to sunglasses, make-up etc!!
These findings will help you understand yourself in a way you never have before and builds the foundations for all other services
Looking for some inspiration on how to combine colour then click here.
JOIN MY 1.5hr GROUP ONLINE COLOUR MATCHING PARTY!
A colour course discovering your perfect palette, read all about it here
Gather your friends and family for a StyleSense COLOUR PARTY at your place!
It’s fascinating to see what hues flatter you compared to the people around you – and WHY!
You can swap clothes or accessories to match the right colour with the right person and end up with not just knowledge that will help you shop smarter forever, but with a few new pieces from your loved ones to start you off!
” Kim is amazing, I never thought about ‘my colours’, what works best for me, now I feel much more confident shopping for what really suits me ” – Jason Grinnell
Read about my workshop with luxury Parisian cosmetic brand Sisley here (scroll down to example no.5)
How Is My Colour Consult Different?
Unlike other colourists that will give you just 1 fixed, generic season’s palette, I create a bespoke colour palette tailored exclusively to you as most people nowadays are a combination of more than one season.
I often see pre-packed seasons given to clients which I regularly ‘edit’ for them because not all the shades actually flatter YOU, even if you’re a ‘typical ‘season type. I’ve witnessed how inaccurate pre-packed seasons are because it’s what ‘should’ suit you from an 80’s science point of view, but we dress differently these days, hence why I’m passionate about creating fully personalised palettes
My Modern Approach To Colour
I still use the professional colour drapes as used industry wide, but these were created decades ago and nowadays our colourings have become much more intricate the more global we become, so I take a more modern approach in creating colour palettes that help dress real people for real life pulling on my 15 years working as a global fashion designer and 23 years dressing people
You’ll have an in-depth understanding of the theory behind what suits you PLUS how to interpret your swatches in to clothes AND how to put them on your body – the key area lots of colour consultants omit!
I create a simple and discrete system where your perfect colour swatches sit at the front of your wallet with your 2nd best shades in smaller swatches at the back. Easy!
What If I Don’t Like My Colours?
Don’t worry, we have strategies for that, but it rarely ever happens
Have more questions? Then read my ‘What I Don’t Do’ page so you feel completely comfortable
The Psychology Of Colour
Studies have shown that wearing certain hues directly effect our mood such as sunny yellow and tranquil blue. Our choice of clothing is generally emotional which starts with deciding what type of colour we’re in the mood for:
“Do I want to attract attention?” – wearing bold pops of colour, or
“Do I want to be ignored?” – wearing dull grey or black
The shades we wear also have a huge impact on our personal branding and how others judge us
My Colour Consultant Follow-up
- Digital reference of your colour palette (fabric swatch wallet is $220 extra, see below)
- Photographs from the session to show how to pair your most flattering colours effortlessly
- Photograph of the shades that will ground your wardrobe which is vital when shopping efficiently
- 1 x in-depth personalised colour summary
- 1 x Pinterest board to illustrate the above
- 2 x visuals to show how to pair shades to create either an impactful or effortless look
- 2 x Top Fashion Tips to help you 1/. shop smarter & 2/. care for your clothes, that every person should know
- All prices include 10% GST
- $330 for a 1.5 hour session
- Optional +$220 for your hand made bespoke colour wallet including fabric swatches & quick reference notes
- $11 cost of posting your bespoke colour swatch wallet (if we aren’t doing the Personal Shopping together)
- Travel charges outside central Sydney, although happy to host clients at the StyleSense studio in Kensington 2033:
- 0km-9km=$22 / 10-19km=$33 / 20-29km=$38 / 30-39km=$44 / 40km+ =$49+ tbc
- Cancellation fees may apply read T&C’s here
- Payment in installments possible
Ready to transform the way you look, dress & buy clothes? Then contact me for an appointment
If you feel like you also need body shape insight, then read about my 2hr EXPRESS MAKEOVER SERVICE
~ Photos shot at Infinity Bakery Paddington ~